When planning a home improvement project, it’s understandable that your thoughts will instantly gravitate towards your available budget. This is especially true in a window replacement. Depending on the choices you make, this project can take a fair amount of your time and money. To give you a clearer idea about the potential costs, the premier window installation expert, STL Windows Direct, shares some of the factors that can affect them:
- Framing Material. Windows come in different materials–and each option has its own pros and cons. Of course, they’re priced differently, as well. Fiberglass and wood frames are usually more expensive. But in the case of wood frames, you may need to shell out even more money because their maintenance costs are higher. Vinyl frames, meanwhile, are affordable, but they are more prone to warping and generally don’t have the longest service life. It’s tempting to just pick the least expensive option, but when it comes to window replacement (and every other home upgrade) quality should always trump price.
- Glass. Windows that have multiple panes are costlier than single-pane ones. But the latter are actually close to being obsolete because they lack the thermal performance and energy efficiency of the former. That’s why double or triple pane windows–even if they are more expensive, they are definitely worth the investment.
- Window Style. Some windows, like double-hung and casement, come with a simple design, making them more cost-effective. Bay and bow windows, on the other hand, are more expensive not just because of their unique shape, but also because they are actually made up of several smaller windows. You may find that picture and specialty windows are also costlier–the former because of their expansive glass, the latter for their customized design and shape.
- Type of Installation. Windows are generally installed in two ways. There’s insert installation, which replaces only the window, leaving the existing interior and exterior trim intact. This is more cost-effective, but it does come with a few drawbacks. A window insert doesn’t take into account possible water damage in the old frames, which increases the chance of window failure in the future.
The other method is a full-frame window replacement. This involves replacing the entire window, frames and all, with a new one. A full-frame replacement exposes the window’s opening, allowing for the inspection and repair of possibly damaged areas. While costlier than an insert, this option does allow for a more stable and healthier window.
How Window Replacement Benefits You
Window replacement may be fairly expensive, but the many advantages this project can offer more than makes up for it. Here are some of the things to expect when you get new windows for your home:
- Increased Curb Appeal. Old and failing windows won’t be doing your home any favors in the aesthetics department–but newer and better ones definitely will. STL Windows Direct offers top-tier Smart 365 Innovations replacement windows that are available in a wide array of styles, colors, grille patterns, and hardware. In fact, our skilled team will be more than happy to help you design your new windows so they can beautifully match your home’s style and exterior palette.
- Enhanced Thermal Comfort. New window installation can help keep your home insulated against fluctuating outside temperatures, ensuring its indoor environment remains consistent. Our Smart 365 Innovations windows come with fusion-welded frames for a durable, airtight seal and long-term protection. When paired with SmartCore foam insulation, they prevent significant energy loss and allow for a more thermally comfortable home.
- Improved Energy Efficiency. With new windows, you get the opportunity to save more on your annual energy bills. Our Smart 365 Innovations windows can help you with this, in fact. They use advanced Energy Guard3KR Performance glass, which combines the superior performance of two liters of Krypton and Low-E. Along with revolutionary EnergyTek spacers for additional stability, these excellent windows can help keep your energy costs to a minimum.
- Greater Security. Damaged windows, with their crumbling frames and broken glass, become a risk to your home’s safety and security if not promptly replaced. For this reason, you should check out the Smart 365 Innovations windows offered by STL Windows Direct. They come with easy-to-use tilt latches and flush-mounted cam locks that keep the units secure. And if you want a more cohesive and elegant look, you can go for the all-in-one EZlock option that can secure your windows in a single motion.
Why You Should Work with STL Windows Direct
Window replacement seems fairly straightforward on paper. You might even consider taking the DIY route! But the fact is that this project actually requires the experience and precise workmanship of a professional. For many homeowners in and around Maryland Heights, MO, the only name to call is STL Windows Direct. We are:
- Credentialed. STL Windows Direct has all the qualifications that make us eligible to perform window and door replacement work in your area. We also carry the applicable workers’ compensation and liability coverage to ensure your greater protection. And since we work locally, we have a full understanding of the codes and regulations specific to your area. With us on the job, you can rest assured your window replacement will be done up to code.
- Experienced. We have already worked on countless window replacement projects over the years. Using an established and streamlined process, we can install your Direct windows to your complete satisfaction, with zero errors and setbacks that lead to additional costs. In fact, our superior workmanship and worry-free process are just some of the reasons we remain the top window company in the area.
- Well-Reviewed. STL Windows Direct is committed to delivering the highest standard in customer service. This is reflected by the 5-star reviews and generous feedback we earn in Google My Business from pleased clients, along with the awards we’ve received from Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor. The A%20 rating we maintain with the Better Business Bureau is also a testament to our workmanship quality.
Request a Free Quote Today!
You can always count on STL Windows Direct to provide quality window installation services. With our exceptional Direct windows, we won’t just help you keep a lovelier home–we’ll make sure it’s a thermally comfortable and energy-efficient one, as well. We proudly serve Maryland Heights, MO and the surrounding areas. Call us today at (314) 627-0805 or fill out this contact form to schedule your window replacement consultation. We’d love to hear from you!